Expected Pay Rate:$53.00 - $63.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:13 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Mechanical CAD Engineer to maintain a top-level Mechanical Interface Control Document (MICD) that controls AR hardware component placement.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about learning and experimenting with new methods of process automation, related experience within the consumer electronics industry, and 5+ years’ experience working with the NX CAD package.
As Mechanical CAD Engineer, you will:
- Under the direction of the system architect, work with cross-functional design partners to establish and generate models/reports/drawings that help guide design tradeoffs.
- Create 2D drawings and other documents that control things like Field of View (FOV) overlap between cameras, displays, and other sensors, as well as allowable tolerances between these components.
- Set up flexible CAD structures and automated reporting that can be automatically generated as the work gets more complex.
- Run tolerance budget scenarios and evaluate results, creating presentations that answer key questions about technology deliverables.
- Identify and drive opportunities for improvements in communication with cross-functional partner teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, optical, or similar hardware oriented discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working with the NX CAD package
- Related experience within the consumer electronics industry
- Passion for learning and experimenting with new methods of process automation
- Experience working under tight program deadlines and ability to schedule individual deliverables accordingly
- Detail oriented and organized, with the ability to present data and test output in an easily consumable format
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 13-month contract position through HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. Candidates local to the Redmond, WA area are highly preferred.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.