Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$30.00 - $35.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Developer Support Specialist to provide top-quality coding assistance to internal developers. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience in customer support and basic fluency in PHP or Python.
As Developer Support Specialist, you will:
- Respond to and triage support questions and requests from engineers.
- Communicate and escalate issues to the proper engineering teams or owners for resolution.
- Use data tools to investigate problems and correlate them to service events or code rollouts.
- Apply basic debugging tools and techniques to clarify issues and add relevant information for issues.
- Write basic scripts and test cases to improve the speed and quality of support.
- Reproduce and debug issues to provide extra information for root causing.
- Provide insights and suggestions to users on how to fix the issues they encounter in their integrated development environment (IDE).
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service, help desk, support, or other technical roles
- Basic fluency in PHP or Python and familiarity with basic development tools (e.g. source control)
- Experience using IDEs
- Scripting and debugging experience
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve or troubleshoot issues and distill into clear and concise communications
- Ability to work in a complex ecosystem with many layers of systems, services, and tools
- Associates or technical degree
- Experience in software development or engineer support
- Interest in building experience and knowledge for a full-time software development role
- Linux/Unix/Window experience
- Experience working with VS Code and VS Code Extensions
- Familiarity with the VS Code Extension API
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.