Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$129.00 - $148.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:2 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire an Art Director to join its creative team. In this role, you will serve as the team’s creative problem solver, passionate about telling stories and bringing them to life, and assist with a brand redesign/campaign for the company’s flagship messenger app.
The ideal candidate will have strong typography/motion skills, be comfortable working across all mediums (using art direction and design that makes the technical feel human and authentic) and have a background in social media/film work that has a raw, deeply human aesthetic—rather than one mainly in print, with corporate, clean designs. You will also be a conceptual thinker/storyteller with a strong strategic backbone, who can visualize your ideas in new and inspiring ways, and have a strong point of view on concept, product design, and art direction. When you decide to make something, you see your vision through—from concept to launch—without any hand-holding.As Art Director, you will:
- Art direct, design, and concept big, conceptual brand expressions across all mediums (e.g. mobile, product, film, interactive, OOH, print, events, experiential, etc.).
- Use art direction, design, and conceptual ideas to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product, creating original, breakthrough work.
- Communicate complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways to a non-technical audience and translate complex strategic approaches into easily accessible, creative concepts.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with writers, engineers, strategists, and product managers.
- Present ideas in a clear and focused way that builds consensus within the team.
- Work autonomously, with little hand-holding.
- 5+ years agency/in-house experience concepting and art directing ideas for brands/products
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work is required to be considered for this role
- Strong typography and motion skills
- Demonstrated experience working on mobile-first social campaigns
- Can design, art direct, and articulate conceptual design decisions
- Ability to bring ideas to life with high quality comps and prototypes, using creative software and other tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Keynote, etc.)
- A history of self-initiated projects
- A passion and interest in product design and project strategy
- Experience working on international campaigns
Commitment: This is a full-time, 2-month contract position (with the potential to extend on a quarterly basis) staffed via HireArt with the team based in San Francisco, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to U.S.-based candidates who are local to Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Austin, TX; the Bay Area, CA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; or Washington, D.C.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or Corp to Corp hiring.