Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$82.00 - $101.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a UI/UX Designer with a background in creative direction, branding/design systems, and digital design.
In this role, you’ll be part of a design team, which develops creative campaigns that engage with the B2B audiences. The team thrives in creating digital experiences to facilitate the delivery of information, translating complex messaging into visual communications that users can easily read and understand. Its members develop landing pages, web hubs, emails, ads, illustrations, photography, and motion design across multiple platforms and is multi-disciplinary, comprising design leads, visual designers, UX designers, and motion designers. The team collaborates with a broad set of marketing teams across the company as well as with agencies, studios, and independents around the world.
All candidates must be comfortable working in collaboration with various disciplines across many media. You’re a strong team contributor, who’s able to lead meetings and present ideas/concepts in a clear and compelling way. When you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without any hand-holding and have unwavering dedication to design excellence.As a UI/UX Designer, you will:
- Deliver conceptually rich, culturally relevant creative solutions and contribute strategic thinking to guide projects beyond a given direction.
- Help influence the team’s overall creative strategy and shape the work done for creative and marketing goals for a variety of marketing platforms/touch-points.
- Proactively look for creative opportunities that help solve business objectives and improve on existing styles and approaches.
- Provide creative direction, guidance and oversight to internal/external creative teams.
- Drive and lead design review meetings, clearly articulating design decisions to cross-functional partners/stakeholders and defending creative choices with performance and data-driven insights.
- Proactively come up with creative/design testing plans.
- Communicate learnings from iterative testing to inform creative concepts that are anchored in KPIs, driving consideration and demand.
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects and meet deadlines, while maintaining quality control and a high caliber of creative output.
- Seamlessly collaborate with creatives, marketers, copywriter, web developers, and marketing coordinators to serve a global audience.
- 7+ years of experience in communication design, graphic design, UI/UX, and motion design within design studios, creative agencies, and/or in-house teams
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Art Direction, UI/UX Design, and digital campaigns across platforms
- Experience responding to briefs creatively, presenting ideas/concepts to stakeholders, and collaborating/iterating based on feedback from cross-functional partners
- Experience shaping and leading creative direction in a fast-paced, iterative, and independent environment
- Experience guiding agencies and leading small design teams (you should be ready to roll up their sleeves to do the work, too)
- Experience in UI/UX design and prototyping tools (Figma is a must) as well as classic design tools within Adobe Creative Suite
- Highly motivated self-starter able to keep project timelines on track and share incremental progress
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Experience as a design lead/senior art director at a creative agency or an in-house team
- Experience coordinating, directing, and guiding the work of other designers
- Product design, photography, video production, and illustration experience
- Proficient motion design skill-set using programs such as After Effects
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.