We are seeking a General Manager to lead the successful day-to-day operations
of the restaurant. Provides exceptional customer service, trains and develops
crew, and maintains budgets set by the District Manager. Works closely with the
District Manager to develop expansion opportunities for a growing fast-paced
but are not limited to:
- Leading the restaurant team in successful day-to-day operations
- Identifying talent, interviewing, and hiring new Crew Members
- Participating in personnel decisions regarding the restaurant team, including transfers and terminations
- Training and developing the restaurant team
- Building sales and managing the restaurant budget
- Performing administrative duties including inventory, food ordering, proper cash handling, catering, etc. as needed.
- Writing schedules that meet the needs of the business so that a great customer experience is delivered while maintaining financial responsibility
- Leading by example and being a role model of the standards and behaviors consistent with Junzi's values and culture
- Successfully communicating company changes/focus to the team
- Must be able to successfully complete food and alcohol safety certification programs
- Ensuring that safety and security standards are emphasized and adhered to, and that employees are trained in appropriate responses to emergency situations
- Maintaining a clean restaurant with excellent quality food and customer service
- Maintaining cleaning and sanitation standards within the restaurant
- Assisting with local store marketing opportunities
- Ensuring that employees are paid properly, receive appropriate benefits, and are prepared for additional career opportunities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant personnel
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and employees
- Ability to speak, read, and understand the English language
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a PC and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a sense of urgency, enjoy fast paced environment, and guests service focus.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial profit and loss statements, food cost, inventory, food safety, and sanitation requirements
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to lead and develop a team of people
- Ideally has at least 2 years of experience as a GM/ASM within the restaurant, retail, and/or hospitality industry.
- A.A. in related field or an equivalent in education and experience
- B.A./B.S. preferred
Junzi Kitchen makes bings and noodles. We throw in braised meats, Chinese vegetables, pickles, garnish, sauce. Everything’s prepared in front of you in about a minute. At night we experiment. Our team comes up with a menu, friends from nearby restaurants come by with ingredients, and we start cooking. We’re exploring what bings and noodles can fuel. So far it’s been public murals, furniture, a few jobs, education, collaborations. The plan is to keep going, do more, get better.