Location:Chicago, IL, New York, NY and Boston, MA
Expected Pay Rate:$120,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
Schedule:40+ hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping our client, a fast-growing biotechnology startup, hire a skilled and motivated Senior Software Engineer. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S. The ability to accommodate typical Eastern Standard Time working hours is desired.
As an innovative company dedicated to health and wellness, our client's current efforts are focused on enabling access to COVID-19 testing. Our client empowers employers to test their teams proactively and on their terms, and gain the insights they need to understand in order to keep employees safe and manage risk.
While currently focused on the immediate need for COVID testing amidst the global pandemic, our client’s vision is to address the massive inefficiencies and shortcomings of the >$150bb diagnostic testing market by making the fundamental framework of healthcare accessible to all citizens and employers like never before.
This is a rare opportunity to get involved in solving a truly meaningful problem with massive scale. The product is up and running, the company is experiencing major growth, and there is still a ton of room to make your mark as an early member of the team.
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer who gets excited about challenges, fast-changing environments, and problems with no clear solution. You are opinionated, but equally open to the opinions of others. You value extreme ownership, attention to detail, and relish disambiguation.
Solving problems nobody has tackled before in an environment where the landscape is shifting daily is your idea of fun. You’re also eager to contribute to the business and culture, not just the code base.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to technical specs and plans for new features and improvements to existing systems.
- Keep the data of users and partners safe through secure code, secure infrastructure, and secure processes.
- Work with the team to define and achieve aggressive delivery schedules.
- Collaborate across the company with product management, customer support, sales, and others to deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
- Bring your experience to bear across the stack from DevOps to back-end and front-end code, with a passion and strength in at least one zone.
- Connect every dot from the data model all the way to the presentation layer.
- Make a big impact in the company, and on the world!
The current stack:
Our client believes that good engineers are good engineers. Deep experience in every specific technology and tool is not required - as long as you're expert in at least one area.
- 3+ years of experience with web-technology coding on a deployed commercial software product
- History of increasing responsibility on the teams and projects you’ve contributed to
- Live experience with back-end development, architecture, and deployment and/or front-end design methodologies and frameworks
- Significant experience with the company's current tech stack frameworks and technologies
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Output oriented with a bias for action
- Experience working on remote teams
- Experience in high-criticality and high-stakes industries like health, finance, aerospace
- Experience working in a seed-stage, high growth startup environment
- Passion for or working knowledge of health, wellness or biology-related topics
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.