Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 - $28.00 per hour
Schedule:Part-time (20-30 hours per week) to start, full-time (40 hours per week) within a month
HireArt is helping a rapidly growing startup find an Auto Mechanic Technician to work on-site at an ongoing contract basis. Our client is a fast-growing startup focused on helping rideshare drivers create an exceptional experience for rides by providing unique on-the-go amenities.
This will become a full-time position within a month, but you'll be benefit-eligible from day one!
As Auto Mechanic Technician, you’ll manage a team of technicians and lead efforts in installing vehicle hardware, performing manual testing, and ensuring the quality of work. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner with experience in both customer service and vehicle repair/servicing.
As Auto Mechanic Technician, you will:
- Install and service hardware for cars.
- Perform manual testing procedures against software and hardware.
- Positive relationship management to handle client appointments, provide technical advice and assistance, and sell additional products.
- Educate the team and customers on services and technology related to the car.
- Coaching other technicians to achieve department financial and productivity goals
- Document all work performed on the order.
- Ensure work quality, performance and materials meet required schedules and expectations.
- Manage and handle team schedule.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Multitask while upholding quality and integrity of work.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- $25/month student loan contribution (if applicable)
- Employer (HireArt) Subsidized healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare-related costs
- HireArt covers all costs for short and long term disability and life insurance
- 401k package (unmatched)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- ASE/MECP/MESA Certification or strong equivalent experience
- 5+ years of vehicle service and repair experience, including experience with installing car amps or A/B video equipment
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English is preferred
Commitment: This is an ongoing contract position through HireArt and based in Chicago, IL.
HireArt is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.