Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$30.00 - $35.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Via is looking for a Bookkeeper to be involved in all aspects of its core finance functions, including day to day accounting activities and the month-end financial close process. A successful candidate will be organized and structured in their thinking, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be motivated to take on new and challenging projects, and be a clear communicator.As a Bookkeeper, you will:
- Assist with finance and accounting projects across Via’s operations, developing a unique knowledge and understanding of the business as a whole.
- Support all aspects of monthly accounting activities, including preparation of journal entries in our ERP system related to bank transactions, corporate credit cards, and other miscellaneous items.
- Involve yourself in the month-end close process, including preparation of relevant account reconciliations.
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function, including review and processing of vendor invoices, and managing related internal and external communications.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis and projects to drive business decisions.
- Provide general financial and data support.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or other Business related field
- 1+ years of relevant Accounting or Bookkeeping experience, preferably in a fast-growing tech environment
- Organized and independent—a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Willingness and ability to learn complex processes and systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills—you’re able to analyze a problem, pay attention to details, work through a solution, and discuss your analysis
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus
- Experience with Excel strongly preferred
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), contract-to-hire position staffed via HireArt based in New York, NY. Candidates must be local to the New York Metro area.
Company DescriptionAt Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We're building revolutionary technology that's changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that's friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We've provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we'd love to hear from you!
For more information, visit www.ridewithvia.com.