Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday to Friday, Eastern timezone business hours
As People Operations Manager on our Operations Team, you’ll help support the entire employee lifecycle of our contractors.
The People Ops Manager will report directly to our Director of Operations, work alongside our leadership team and colleagues in all departments and will have exposure to a whole range of HR functions across different industries, locations, and job levels and work to create a best-in-class employee experience for HireArt, our clients and employees.
We are looking for someone with an HR background (HR Generalist Certification a huge plus and preferred), someone with a passion for HR/People Operations who is organized, resourceful, empathetic, and able to communicate effectively with diverse people and teams. We are a start-up and we all wear many different hats. Being nimble, a really great multi-tasker, and excited to jump in and help problem solve is super important. We want someone who is process and systems oriented. We work very closely with our Product and Engineering teams and want to help build features to streamline operations and HR. This is not your typical 9am to 5pm job--while we have a great work-life balance, we are a startup and sometimes it requires longer hours on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities include but definitely not limited to:
- Field inquiries from our contractors about onboarding, payroll, time and attendance, and benefits as needed---your inbox will be a busy one!
- Proactively follow up with employees about onboarding and other tasks to complete.
- Help employees prepare for their first day to make sure they have the best experience possible
- Conduct employee check-ins and feedback sessions as needed
- People Operations Special Projects as needed (i.e. What sort of swag should we send new hires? Can we make our background check process easier somehow?)
- Workers comp, LOA & accommodations requests
- Coordinates and ensures equipment returns from our contractors who get equipment from our clients
- Internal Wiki management (we use Notion, it’s awesome to help keep us organized)
- Time and Attendance assistance
- Onboarding and offboarding contractors into the HireArt platform
- Assistance in helping our contractors submit PTO requests
- Insurance Eligibility Lookback Policy management and facilitation
- Written warning and performance improvement plan documentation writeups
- Process unemployment claims & garnishments
- I9 oversight, facilitation, and approvals
- Help alter, create and implement processes and best practices for the People Operations team alongside Managers--we always want to get better!
- Assistance in EEO Policy Management & Compliance
- Conduct terminations
- Cross-functional work with our product/engineering teams, account managers and everyone else--Operations touches all parts of HireArt, lots to do! Suggest new product features---we want your input!
- SO MUCH MORE…!
- 5+ years of previous experience in the HR and/or Operations specialty
- Strong spreadsheet skills (Excel or Google Sheets)
- Great communicator: verbal and written
- Rises above in uncomfortable situations
- Impeccable organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Able to think critically about business issues and make thoughtful recommendations
- Compassionate, empathetic, respectful, and kind
- Ability to understand and master best practices
- Desire to learn and grow within the field of Operations and/or HR
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to accommodate work across time zones when necessary
Commitment: This is a full-time position based in New York, NY. We are open to both candidates who would need to work fully remotely, as well as candidates who can work on-site at our office, once reopened.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
HireArt is a software company building the standard for easy contract employment. We offer employers a seamless platform that covers every part of the employment process, from finding talent to screening and interviewing, onboarding, benefits, payroll, HR support, and outplacement. We offer employees a modern, responsive and caring home base where they can enjoy the support of a traditional workplace with the fluidity of contract work.
You can think of HireArt as Zenefits or Gusto for contract staffing. Our strategy is to provide the best contract employment experience for clients and employees in a market that is expensive, manual, local, provides limited services to employers and workers, and sees limited use of software to scale manual processes. The contract staffing industry is a trillion-dollar market worldwide and there are no other modern contract employment platforms.
HireArt blends technology with personalized support to make the contract employment relationship an excellent experience for everyone. We've already helped build teams at hundreds of awesome companies including, Facebook, Google, and Airbnb, and we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of applicants in their job searches.
For HireArt employees, we offer Salary + Equity + Benefits packages including:
- Health, dental & vision insurance (100% paid by HireArt)
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits