Location:Los Altos, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$40.00 - $50.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is looking to hire a Robotics Technician to work on-site at Toyota Research Institute’s (TRI) Los Altos location on a contract basis.
TRI’s Prototyping and Robotics Operations Team is tasked with supporting the testing, maintenance, shipping, and deployment, both internal and external, of all of TRI’s robots. You’ll work seamlessly with each robotics group across TRI’s three locations on a variety of experimental hardware platforms.
- Perform cable harness fabrication and assembly, including connector pin crimping, cabling, and chassis wiring.
- Perform printed circuit board assembly, including hand soldering and reflow soldering.
- Perform mechanical fabrication and assembly using hand tools and light power tools.
- IPC J-STD-001 (soldered electrical and electronic assemblies) and/or NASA standard 8739.4 (cable and harness assemblies) training/certification, or similar
- Ability to interpret and work from documentation, including printed circuit board schematics and layouts, harness specifications, and manufacturer data-sheets
- Demonstrated experience in surface mount technology (SMT) printed circuit board assemblies
- Demonstrated experience in cable and harness assemblies
- Ability to work using a microscope
- Pride in quality of work
- Experience working in the Aerospace industry
- Understanding of electronic and mechanical fabrication and assembly techniques used to create complex electromechanical systems.
- Experience using benchtop test equipment for debugging and testing printed circuit board assemblies
- Exposure to mechanical CAD software (e.g. Solidworks) and 3D printing
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/