Location:San Antonio, TX
Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 - $23.00 per hour
Schedule:12 hour shifts to begin as early as 3 a.m. and end as late as 5 p.m. Shifts available 7 days per week.
HireArt is helping our client hire Autonomous Vehicle Operators to support B2B short-haul logistics in San Antonio and Dallas, Texas on a contract basis. We're seeking motivated individuals with a passion for technology to join our client's operations team.
As Autonomous Vehicle Operator, you're responsible for our clients' Autonomous Vehicle platforms. You'll support transporting dry and refrigerated cargo, obtain data, fix technical issues, and operate 20 foot long trucks.
You're a valuable contributor, providing necessary feedback to engineering teams aimed at improving groundbreaking automated driving technology while meeting customer needs.
Benefits for this role include:
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- $25/month student loan contribution
- Employer (HireArt) Subsidized healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare-related costs
- HireArt covers all costs for short and long term disability and life insurance
- 401k package (unmatched)
- Plus Perks!
As Autonomous Vehicle Operator, you will:
- Ensure operation of delivery vehicles, in autonomous and manual modes, keeping other drivers, the public, other members of the operating team, and the vehicle safe at all times.
- Ensure vehicles arrive at pick-up and drop-off locations on time and that the integrity of goods is retained on each journey.
- Assistance with loading and unloading of customer goods may be required.
- Maintain vehicles and ensure it remains clean and presentable to the public.
- Maintain detailed logs and provide data daily.
- As required, collaborate with software engineers and other members of the operations team to follow collection and drop-off procedures on each journey.
- As required, support the operation of the company's autonomous vehicle software.
- Execute and track established business procedures and processes.
- Provide feedback to operations and engineering teams on vehicle processes and performance.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and adopt new operating procedures when required.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, their technology and staff, and the clients.
- Physically drive the vehicles for several weeks (up to 2-3 months) before moving toward autonomous operations.
- Use Slack to update the dispatch team on the status of each step of your shift/route.
- Manually record data and send it via Slack.
- Load and unload the trucks using company equipment (likely a pallet jack).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Customer relationship management experience
- Valid US driver's license and a clean driving record
- Must be comfortable operating 20 foot long trucks
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Meticulous, organized, and proactive
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic mechanical skills
- Basic computer skills including the ability to learn and successfully use applications
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
- Interest in technology and autonomous vehicles
- Previous relevant experience is a plus (auto, technology, engineering, technician, etc.)
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operation tasks that may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week with possible overtime), contract position staffed via HireArt and based in San Antonio, TX. Shifts are available 7 days per week (weekdays and weekends) between the hours of 5:00 AM and 7:00 PM. Compensation is hourly and paid training is provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the initial training.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.