Expected Pay Rate:$75,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
HireArt is helping Transdev, a leader in global transportation solutions, hire an HR Manager to lead and direct the functions of the Human Resources department, including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant human resource experience (including recruiting, selection, and employee relations) and a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field. You'll also have a PHR-CA or SPHR certification and knowledge of FMCSA and/or DOT driver qualifications.
As HR Manager, you will:
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the company’s strategies as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provide support and guidance to HR staff, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manage the internal talent management process, which may include interviewing and hiring qualified job applicants; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for job openings.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Plan and participate in activities directed at improving employee engagement.
- Keep records, such as, personnel transactions, leaves of absence, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Manage compliance issues; identify local compliance risks and proactively plans to mitigate risks.
- Serve as the liaison between the unit and the Division Human Resource Director.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED.
- 5+ years of relevant human resource experience, including recruiting, selection, and employee relations, preferably within the transportation or trucking industries.
- Knowledge of FMCSA and/or DOT driver qualifications is required.
- Understanding of employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to quickly and accurately respond to employee relations issues.
- Employee relations and employee investigative experience required
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel outside of the immediate area (5%-10%).
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Experience in transportation and logistics
- PHR-CA or SPHR certification
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Payroll, HRIS, ADP experience
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air-conditioned or well-ventilated facilities.
- Work is accomplished in an office or cubicle space that equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position based on-site in Phoenix, AZ.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time and be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
We are the largest private provider of multiple modes of transport in North America.
Cities, counties, airports, companies, and universities contract with us to operate their transportation systems. Our goal is to help our clients provide transit systems that are appealing, convenient, integrated networks that people actively choose to ride. In cities all across the country, we’re helping our clients move toward making public transit equivalent to the city’s lifeblood, circulating and connecting riders to the people and places they care about.
We are part of a global company, Transdev, operating in 17 countries on five continents.