Job DescriptionHireArt is looking to hire a Fraud Specialist to work remotely with our client's San Francisco based team on a contract basis. In this role, you'll work with a remote Trust and Safety team to investigate and prevent credit fraud across a global online platform.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 7-month contract position that can be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
You'll investigate suspicious transactions, identify trends, resolve and escalate issues appropriately, and work collaboratively to develop tools and processes that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of fraud prevention efforts.
We're looking for people with experience in fraud prevention/trust and safety, ideally within an e-commerce or technology-driven environment, who are passionate about creating a safe online space for users.
- Investigate suspected fraudulent transactions and determine appropriate action for resolution.
- Identify trends in order to link transactions to known fraudulent activity.
- Work with various departments to develop and implement tools and process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in identifying and preventing fraud.
- Utilize custom and standard software programs as well as manual research efforts to review and analyze transactions and customer records in search of fraudulent activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in fraud investigation/prevention, trust and safety, or similar
- Experience in the tech/e-commerce industries preferred
- Experience in customer support/technical support preferred
- Able to think analytically about processes and contribute to improvements
- Able to work independently and with a remote team
- Passionate about trust and safety
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 7-month contract position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA. This role can be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S. A typical schedule is 4 days per week, 3pm - 2am or 10am - 9pm Pacific Time.