HireArt is looking to hire a Communications Writer - Hospitality to work onsite at Airbnb’s San Francisco Office on a contract basis. In this role, you'll be responsible for creating email-acquisition campaigns, on-boarding and educational materials, and engaging narrative content to support key teams that focus on building successful programs to acquire new hosts.
A successful candidate will be comfortable moving quickly and changing directions, all without sacrificing the quality of work. You'll need to create and enforce content-creation processes that drive projects forward while allowing stakeholders to contribute feedback. You'll need to identify efficiencies, share information, and ensure that distributed stakeholders are working in lockstep, so that the positioning of hosting on Airbnb is consistent around the world.
- Create compelling and impactful copy to drive action and engagement. Email will be the primary tactic but requires the ability to write for 360 degree implementation across multiple channels (blog posts, landing pages, in product notifications, etc)
- Identify impactful opportunities to engage hosts and deepen their loyalty to Airbnb, using existing communications channels (blog, newsletter, Community Center)
- Create and regularly optimize phone scripts and email templates that field teams will use to bring new supply onto the platform
- Merchandise API partnerships that allow hosts to use Airbnb within their own systems
- Audit the host experience to identify which communications touch points should be altered, refreshed, and optimized
- Develop positioning for various segments of hosts, including property managers and individuals with properties in vacation markets
- Develop product-education assets and toolkits that are tailored towards various host segments
- Collaborate with operations, product, and marketing leaders around the world, in addition to working with legal stakeholders, translation managers, and the email marketing team
- Bachelor's Degree
- Writing samples and/or portfolio to share
- 2+ years experience writing for marketing initiatives, within the vacation-rental and/or luxury-travel markets preferred
- Experience writing with the channel of email, with a clear understanding of current email best practices, and nuances needed for this tactic
- Innovative and forward thinking
- Flexibility, agility, and adaptability, yet relentless in the production of good work
- True partnership mentality, can dig into details to develop strategy before writing copy
Commitment: This is a 6 mo. contract.