Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$61.00 - $70.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Taxonomist to work with the company’s product teams to define and capture the best taxonomy for products across the organization.
All candidates must be self-directed and capable of working with PMs, technical PMs, and engineers across many teams. You must also be able to shape outcomes, lead teams toward successful results, and thrive in a flat, fast-moving environment that relies on lightweight processes to deliver huge impacts.As a Taxonomist, you will:
- Select, validate, and cluster like terms from a flat list into a structured model that can be easily navigated.
- Generate logic and standards for terminology selection and maintenance throughout the taxonomy's life cycle.
- Create standards for how the taxonomy will be maintained and governed throughout its lifecycle.
- Support multiple client teams so they understand category foundations and elements well enough to make connections between them in order to build a semantic data model.
- Develop and apply in-depth expertise for how our customers perceive/think about the company’s products as well as their classification/attributes used to search for them, including researching/modeling concepts or product categories and attributive nuances across different locales.
- Work closely with engineers to build machine-learning and other classification models, prioritizing and managing projects/deliverables effectively while adapting to changing business needs, processes, and requirements.
- Provide guidance about ontologies and semantic representations, supporting recommendations with data.
- Analyze and optimize processes, owning data integrity and taxonomy effectiveness.
- Coordinate and build alignment with teams and stakeholders across the company’s family of apps/services to optimize for consistency and interoperability.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, product designers, researchers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and beyond).
- Promote taxonomy at the company and in the broader community of design and content professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent training
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Strong ability to use taxonomy management systems to maintain categories, attributes, and other metadata
- Strong ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Strong ability to build alignment amongst distributed stakeholders
- Strong ability to build taxonomies and related features for e-commerce web sites, apps, software or others
- Strong ability to move fast and work with cross-functional teams on big, ambiguous problems
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.