Expected Salary$22 - $25 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Maps Quality Analyst to work on-site at our client's Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you'll work closely with the Maps and Location Infrastructure team to query, analyze, edit, and report on spatial data across social media platforms.
You'll also have the opportunity to develop data validation processes, help hire and train other Map Editors and Quality Analysts, and help manage priorities for teams.
We're seeking a Maps Quality Analyst experienced in working with GIS (Geographic Information Systems) data and writing technical scripts. You're also comfortable working as a cross-functional partner in a fast-changing environment, and have a passion for solving real-world problems.
- Query the world OpenStreetMap database to check quality of data.
- Query, inspect, and edit GIS data.
- Communicate detailed analyses to support decision making.
- Develop stable processes for human validation of both OpenStreetMap data production and map QA.
- Train and help hire other Map Editors and Quality Analysts and manage priorities for the QA team.
- Measure and track metrics, and ensure consistency in process and results across the team.
- Provide real time coaching, mentoring, and support to new editors, including knowledge of new material in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in preferably in GIS, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or a technical field
- Solid experience with JOSM or iD and editing OpenStreetMap
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Experience remote sensing, analyzing aerial imagery, and working with GIS data
- Scripting experience with languages such as Python or Bash
- 3+ years industry experience in the GIS field
- Ability to write scripts to analyze OpenStreetMap data quality
- Experience in telecommunications and network design
- Project management experience
- Strong analytical skills and intuition, capable of making decisions based on analysis and experience
Commitment: This is a 12-month contract.