HireArt is looking to hire a Public Relations Specialist to work on-site at our client's San Francisco office on a contract basis. We’re looking for a PR Specialist to tell the story of a new program focused on providing unique, inspiring travel experiences across the globe to consumers, specifically targeting English-speaking specialist blogs and trade outlets.
You must be comfortable and confident in working directly with journalists and bloggers. Your main focus will be to proactively write and pitch weekly stories to help spread word of mouth, interviewing internal stakeholders within the business to extract angles that help tell their story. We’re looking for a passionate, articulate and savvy communicator who can work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Secure regular coverage in English-speaking blogs and niche trade outlets.
- Develop a blogger outreach strategy.
- Help coordinate a busy US press office.
- Draft PR materials - press releases, pitches, Q&As, newsroom posts, etc.
- Collaborate closely with the PR agency and internal press team to coordinate stories and information-sharing.
- Source interesting and newsworthy storylines and pitch to media.
- Liaise with user community about media opportunities.
- Provide support for press events and trips.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of PR experience, either working in a PR agency or in-house
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
- An international outlook and passion for travel
- Ability to travel as required for events
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position based in San Francisco, CA. This role involves occasional travel.