Expected Salary$110 - $115 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Product Designer to work on-site at our client's Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. We're seeking a Product Designer who is an expert in product thinking, interaction design, and execution.
You've contributed as a leader in some capacity, whether on your team or throughout design, with a level of accountability for design quality.
You build positive relationships across teams, and given a high-level problem, you're able to provide direction and deliver concrete end-to-end solutions that help define product strategy and vision.
- Work with Product Managers to define and design the product experience.
- Turn broad, conceptual ideas into something useful and valuable for users.
- Demonstrate a firm grasp of the medium you are crafting for, and make effective use of prototyping tools.
- Design new patterns or introduce new standards in your work that may later be used by others.
- Design flows and experiences that are exceptionally simple and elegant.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Give and get feedback from designers to continually raise the bar for quality.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Partner with Project Managers, engineers, researchers, and content strategists to own the user experience of a product, from conception until launch (and then some).
- Succinctly and effectively communicate your work, and represent your product team to executive leadership or in design forums.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in visual, interaction, and product design
- Experience with front-end programming
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience mentoring junior designers or interns, or participating in design team initiatives (interviewing, recruiting, mentoring workshops, design standards, improving design tools, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to clearly articulate design decisions
- Strong leadership and partnership skills
- Portfolio featuring examples of interaction design
Commitment: This is a 6-month contract.