Expected Pay Rate:$28.00 - $32.00 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:5 month contract
HireArt is helping Transdev, a leader in global transportation solutions, hire a bright and highly motivated Manual Driving Instructor. In this role, you’ll support the company’s manual driving training operations.
You’ll work with teams to maintain a strong culture of professionalism, personal responsibility, and safety. You’ll maintain training resources, provide clear and constructive feedback to trainees, and ensure goals and expectations are aligned across the organization.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 5-month contract position based on-site in Phoenix, AZ with the following available shifts:
Shift 1: Mon - Tues 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Wed - Fri 5:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Pacific time).
Shift 2: Mon - Tues 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Wed - Fri 2:30 PM - 11:30 PM (Pacific time).
As Manual Driving Instructor at Transdev, you will:
- Carry out manual, non-autonomous driving training operations for newly hired vehicle operators during their first week of training.
- Set up and conduct closed course manual driving drills including vehicle maneuvering and parallel parking drills, manual driving drills and on the job training on public roads, and manual driving assessments at the end of their first week.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and safety, adhering to team standards of conduct.
- Oversee the maintenance and distribution of training resources for the Safety and Training team.
- Maintain organization and ensure the accuracy of materials and documentation.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of training materials and be an advocate and resource for trainees.
- Provide clear, concise, professional, and accurate feedback to trainees as needed.
- Report to the Safety and Training Manager, escalating any issues or roadblocks as appropriate.
- 1+ years of experience in a training role
- 1+ years of BTW (Behind The Wheel) instructor experience
- 21+ years of age
- Experience driving in Phoenix
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Arizona road rules and vehicle code violations
- Proficiency with a laptop computer and Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Hangouts, etc.)
- Proficiency with using a touchscreen smartphone (Android experience is preferred by not required)
- Capable of responding quickly and simultaneously to multiple scenarios
- Comfortable working cross-functionality and with diverse teams at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We are the largest private provider of multiple modes of transport in North America.
Cities, counties, airports, companies, and universities contract with us to operate their transportation systems. Our goal is to help our clients provide transit systems that are appealing, convenient, integrated networks that people actively choose to ride. In cities all across the country, we’re helping our clients move toward making public transit equivalent to the city’s lifeblood, circulating and connecting riders to the people and places they care about.
We are part of a global company, Transdev, operating in 17 countries on five continents.