Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$100,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
HireArt is looking for a full-stack engineer to join our product team. We're a small, nimble group of engineers and a designer, looking for another engineer to join us.
We are trying to solve one of the biggest problems in hiring: how to effectively measure a person's fit for a job. We want to do it in a way that is intuitive and transparent for both employers and job-seekers, and which scales to support organizations of any size.
We believe that the right solution requires both algorithms and human judgment, and we are developing technologies which incorporate both. We believe that by building a product around new standards for assessment in recruiting, we can dramatically improve the accuracy of hiring decisions, as well as the job-seeking process.
We've already helped build teams at hundreds of companies, including, Facebook, Google, and Airbnb, and helped hundreds of thousands of applicants in their job searches. You would help build pieces of the employer- and job seeker-facing apps, as well as internal tools we use in our back-end operation. You would also contribute to our R&D effort, working with domain experts to incorporate their knowledge and experience into our web application.
Some of our current projects include:
- Building out modern HRIS tools (e.g. healthcare enrollment, reference checking workflow, etc.).
- A data model for assessment that includes human- and computer-generated input to render decisions about job applicants
- Testing our assessment model using data about hiring and retention
- Optimizing and automating applicant sourcing to yield high-quality candidates
- Treating actionable feedback for job applicants
Our technology stack includes React, Rails, Postgres, Git, and Heroku. We each own specific product verticals and enlist each other’s help to get things shipped. We like to have thoughtful discussions together on a range of topics, from software architecture to company strategy. We make sure every voice is heard and every opinion is considered.
- Are interested in the hiring process and excited about improving it
- Can communicate clearly and precisely about technology and product
- Are comfortable in the full stack, and very strong in a few areas
- Have at least two years of Rails experience
- Are located in or willing to move to NYC
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position based in New York, NY.