Expected Pay Rate:$50.00 - $55.00 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping our client hire a Research Assistant to support the design, execution, and analysis of human-centered research studies.
We’re seeking a Research Assistant with experience conducting behavioral studies and an interest in the overlap between behavioral sciences and technology. The ideal candidate is also proactive, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator.
As Research Assistant, you will:
- Assist with and administer human-centered studies including questionnaires, surveys, interviews, and focus groups.
- Design experiments and create stimulus content.
- Analyze and interpret data and generate insights, recommendations, and reports and present findings to stakeholders.
- Manage user data and experimentation platform accounts.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Bachelors degree in human factors, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, psychology, UX, or a similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior
- 1+ years of experience conducting behavioral studies
- Experience designing and proctoring behavioral studies
- Experience coding qualitative data and generating themes and categories
- A strong interest in the overlap between behavioral sciences and robotic technology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Excellent transcription, note-taking, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and collaboratively with cross-disciplinary and cross-site teams
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Eager to learn new technical, design, and/or research skills
- Focused and self-motivated especially in a remote work environment, and comfortable with high levels of interaction over video conferencing
- Experience managing and analyzing quantitative data using Python or R
- Experience with survey designs (i.e. survey logic, randomization, etc.)
- Experience with online experimentation platforms, such as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey, and online collaboration tools, such as Mural or Miro
- Experience generating study stimuli (e.g., descriptive scenarios, animation, video)
- Familiar with or fluent in Japanese
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Cambridge, MA. Domestic travel, such as flying and driving, may be required.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.