HireArt is looking to hire a Photo Editor and Operations Lead to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll help create visually compelling stories with user-generated photos and other media content that enhances and drives user engagement.
You’ll also help develop processes to rate image quality and identify trends, as well as lead training sessions and presentations for internal teams and vendor partners.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in photo editing, a keen eye for design, and a highly detail-oriented approach to work.
The ideal candidate also brings the ability to problem-solve and think analytically about processes, along with exceptional communication, collaboration, and presentation skills to motivate and engage diverse teams.
- Curate a gallery of user-generated photos to tell a visually compelling story.
- Review user-generated photos based on a set of creative guidelines.
- Learn and continuously improve a scoring system to rate image quality.
- Notice content trends and curate assets to illustrate them.
- Create training materials and lead vendor/partner training, workshops, and review sessions.
- Create presentations to share trends and learnings with cross-functional teams.
- Interface with other leads and photo editors to do quality reviews and calibrations.
- Provide recommendations on process or guideline improvements.
- 2+ years of experience in photo editing, graphic design, media or related field
- Experience with the enhancement of digital images, color-correction, contrast adjustment, cropping
- Experience with stock image banks and performing effective searches using keywords
- Knowledge of graphic and presentation design
- Strong understanding of content trends and differences in the context of different cultures and geographies
- Experience with industry-standard editing tools and asset management software
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and meet strict deadlines in a global environment
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in photography, visual design, or equivalent preferred
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA.