Location:Los Altos, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$90.00 - $110.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute (TRI) hire a Research Software Engineer to support the ingestion of data from 3rd party platforms used by the team to collect human subject's data. The ideal candidate will be interested in and have previous experience with supporting the collection and analysis of human subject's data.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position based in Los Altos, CA. This position will be fully remote until offices reopen.
As Research Software Engineer, you will:
- Support ingestion of data from 3rd party platforms used by the team to collect human subjects data (eg Qualtrics).
- Help with scripts to clean or reformat data and move into appropriate AWS infrastructure.
- Support data subsampling, data partitioning, data versioning, and remote access.
- Support ML model training and experiments. Launch instances in parallel, initialize the environment, set configuration for the experiment, retrieve job results, terminate instances (and tooling to do the above)
- Assist with the development of prototypes to support human subject's data collection such as developing or instrumenting custom web apps (front and back end).
- Bachelors or Masters degree (or equivalent work experience) in computer science or related engineering disciplines
- Interest supporting the collection and analysis of human subjects data
- AWS experience - launching EC2 instances, hosting data in AWS, etc.
- Experience with machine learning libraries (PyTorch preferred, TensorFlow/Keras, OpenCV, etc)
- Interest in the overlap between technology and the behavioral sciences
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently as well as in groups
- Able to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams
- Proactive and seek out new opportunities for impact, as time permits.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Strong time management and prioritization abilities
- A prototyping mindset - building solutions that are “good enough” to answer a steady stream of scientific questions
- Experience developing and training new machine learning models
- Experience applying ML to human subjects data
- Experience developing mobile apps
- Interest in contributing to scientific publications
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. This position will be fully remote until offices reopen.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.