Location:Newport News, VA
Schedule:Full Time — Monday to Sunday operation
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility, building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. As a Driver Partner Lead, you will be the first point of contact for all of our drivers, ensuring a smooth interaction and experience for all drivers.
We strive to create an effortless experience for everyone who reaches out to our team, and we serve as an advocate for our drivers in an effort to drive changes to the overall Via experience.
You will make our drivers feel like they are receiving a world-class education on our product suite—they will feel supported and loved throughout their correspondence with us. We are the voice of the Via brand to our drivers and the voice of our drivers to the broader Via team.
This position is based onsite in Norfolk, VA.
As Driver Partner Lead, you will:
- Serve as the front line, speaking with drivers face-to-face, over the phone and through email and SMS text/chat to help improve their first experience with Via or manage their accounts.
- Help our drivers start and end their shifts on a daily basis and guarantee that all processes and operations are running smoothly
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while tackling an array of customer issues.
- Become an expert on our services and spread the love of Via everywhere.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to our drivers, finding new and interesting ways to make our customers smile.
- Notice even the smallest trends and pain points, then brainstorm ways in which we can create solutions to improve each customer’s experience
- Coordinate with management to channel customer feedback to all areas of the business such as technology, marketing, design, and product teams.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (through Alice)
- $25/month student loan contribution (through Goodly if applicable)
- Employer (HireArt) Subsidized healthcare benefits (with Sequoia)
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare-related costs
- HireArt covers all costs for short and long term disability and life insurance
- 401k package through Human Interest (unmatched)
- Clear communicator with excellent reading comprehension and writing skills
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, the Google Suite, previous CRM tools like Salesforce a plus
- Strong listening skills and a great conversationalist
- A well-rounded team player who takes ownership of (and pride in) your work
- A strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Dynamic—willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types
- You take initiative to solve problems and get the job done
- Empathy and the ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor
Commitment: This is an ongoing contract position with a full-time work schedule. The ability to work weekends and unconventional hours (early mornings, late nights, etc.) is desired. This position is staffed via HireArt and based onsite in Norfolk, VA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting!).