Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$125,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday - Friday, EST business hours
We are looking for a finance professional to join our team as Controller. In this role, you will have a breadth of responsibility, including preparing financial statements, overseeing external auditors, budgeting and forecasting, AR/AP/procurement, financial controls, KPIs, regulatory reporting, and risk management. You will bring projects to the finish line with the most thoughtful and thorough strategies possible.About you:
Our ideal candidate doesn’t view themselves as an accounting specialist, but someone who has a passion for finance, wants to grow within a startup, and is excited to help bring HireArt to the next level. Someone who is happy to learn all facets of our business and jump in where needed is the right person for this role. There's tons of room to grow at HireArt, so we are looking for someone who is self-motivated, super smart, energetic, and excited to make strides within this role.Responsibilities:
- Providing company leaders with insights for decision-making purposes.
- Oversee the accounting function and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, including annual audit.
- As we grow screen, hire, supervise, train, and retain finance team members.
- Vendor and tool selection and management.
- Work with the engineering team to build integrations with vendors.
- Cash management.
- AR/AP/procurement management.
- Invoicing and funding.
- Insurance reporting and audit (e.g. workers comp).
- Financial modeling and budgeting.
- Finance-facing special projects with cross-functional partners (e.g. working with account managers to optimize profit/account).
- Establish and maintain financial controls and accounting procedures.
- Identify, develop, and monitor KPIs.
- Manage regulatory reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA/CPA preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis, including finance-related experience at a startup or high growth company
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel
- A proven ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level and cross functional team members, vendors, and clients
- Excellent business judgment and analytical and decision-making skills
- An ability to create and edit existing processes and procedures
Commitment: This is a full-time, permanent position at HireArt and based in New York City. Candidates must be local to the NYC area and should expect to work in-office 2-3 days per week.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
HireArt is a software company building the standard for easy contract employment. We offer employers a seamless platform that covers every part of the employment process, from finding talent to screening and interviewing, onboarding, benefits, payroll, HR support, and outplacement. We offer employees a modern, responsive and caring home base where they can enjoy the support of a traditional workplace with the fluidity of contract work.
You can think of HireArt as Zenefits or Gusto for contract staffing. Our strategy is to provide the best contract employment experience for clients and employees in a market that is expensive, manual, local, provides limited services to employers and workers, and sees limited use of software to scale manual processes. The contract staffing industry is a trillion-dollar market worldwide and there are no other modern contract employment platforms.
HireArt blends technology with personalized support to make the contract employment relationship an excellent experience for everyone. We've already helped build teams at hundreds of awesome companies including, Facebook, Google, and Airbnb, and we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of applicants in their job searches.
For HireArt employees, we offer Salary + Equity + Benefits packages including:
- Health, dental & vision insurance (100% paid by HireArt)
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits