Expected Pay Rate:$90,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping our client find a Software Engineer: SLAM to build 3D maps and localize the ego-vehicle in real-time to enable or enhance perception, path planning, and prediction of the autonomous driving system. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of relevant experience.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), contract-to-hire position that will be performed on-site in Cincinnati, OH.
As Software Engineer: SLAM, you will:
- Build 3D maps and localize the ego-vehicle in real-time to enable or enhance perception, path planning, and prediction of the autonomous driving system.
- Develop robust localization technology.
- Maintain and update the software and technology.
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in computer science, robotics, or related field, or with equivalent industrial experience
- 2+ years of similar academic and/or professional working experience
- Solid C/C++ and object-oriented programming skills
- Experience in SLAM-related fields (e.g. pose estimation, probabilistic filtering, and 3D point cloud data processing, registration, etc.)
- Experience with GPS-INS systems
- Experience with ROS
Must-have knowledge and experiences:
- Solid understanding of optimization, linear algebra, probability theory, and 3D geometry
- SLAM related algorithms and data-structure like KF, Kd-tree, graph-SLAM, particle filter
- SLAM algorithms using point cloud data like LOAM, etc.
- Hands-on experiences on autonomous vehicles or ground wheel robots
- Outdoor applications
- Publication from conferences (e.g. RSS, ICRA, IROS, and robotics conference)
- Different types of sensors (e.g. camera)
- DNN-based SLAM or odoemtry
- Experience with autonomous vehicles or robots
- Ability to understand and implement the latest technologies
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), contract-to-hire position staffed via HireArt and will be performed on-site in Cincinnati, OH.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.