HireArt is looking to hire an Editorial Assistant to work onsite at their client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. The Editorial Assistant will be responsible for vetting and archiving community talent for use in marketing and communications.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious with strong analytical and critical thinking skills. This role is a great opportunity for someone who excels in customer service and wants to move into an expanded role utilizing investigative research, or someone with editorial experience who excels in unearthing the elements necessary for great storytelling. An individual with a background in journalism, legal research, or content development would thrive in this role.
- Conduct in-depth internal, public records, and due diligence research to support marketing and communications.
- Interface with multiple internal functions and systems to keep up-to-date on guidelines and activities impacting marketing and communications.
- Collect, consolidate, and archive new and existing user stories and related content to create accessible libraries to support content creation.
- Follow up on logistics as needed by internal and partner-based production teams, particularly on time-sensitive deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate effectively with community members and colleagues through all means of communication (e.g. in writing, on the phone, in person, etc.)
- Familiarity with data and systems and interest in learning more; basic knowledge of SQL and Boolean searches preferred
- Ability to quickly learn about marketing and communications strategies and related policy, legal, and business affairs issues
- Self-starter with a love for discovering community stories
- Has a creative approach to problem solving and a passion for trying, learning, improving, and sharing best practices
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract through HireArt and based in San Francisco.