Expected Salary$32 - $36 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a 3D Generalist to work on-site at our client’s Seattle headquarters on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll partner with teams including engineering, research, and quality assurance to deliver on product design and performance optimization initiatives.
We’re seeking a 3D Generalist with in-depth design experience in the gaming or film industry. You have strong communication and collaboration skills and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. A background in both 2D art and VR is an asset.
- Synthesize broad, ambiguous business goals and work with the Product Design team to create environments for VR.
- Partner with project managers, engineers, researchers, content strategy, to oversee the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch, as well as post-launch design support.
- Execute a wide range of tasks including planning, look development, modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, performance optimization and engine integration.
- Build assets including environments, characters and props.
- Take creative direction and translate it into your design concepts.
- Give and solicit real-time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product.
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads.
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience working on AAA game titles or equivalent film projects
- 5+ years of experience working with Maya/Modo/Max/Cinema 4D plus Z-Brush
- Experience implementing assets in real-time engines, such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience building and optimizing assets between PC (Rift) and mobile systems (Gear VR) while maintaining visual fidelity
- Able to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Able to collaborate and iterate based on the team's needs
- 2D art skills for creating environment concept art
- Prior technical art experience
- Prior VFX experience
- Prior virtual reality experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
Commitment: This is a 12-month contract.