Expected Pay Rate:$70.00 - $80.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a GPU Performance Modeling Engineer. In this role, you will test and ultimately implement new methods for virtual page translation for use in AR/VR graphical systems. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of C++ experience and solid working knowledge of how virtual address translation works.
This position is fully remote to start and will transition to on-site in Redmond, WA as offices re-open.
As the GPU Performance Modeling Engineer, you will:
- Write code that emulates proposed algorithms, both for offline and real-time results.
- Build a memory access simulator to measure the performance of a novel virtual addressing system.
- Write a page manager that allocates virtual addresses for various kinds of memory resources.
- Work closely with our perceptual research team as well as other domain experts to evaluate results.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of C++ experience
- 2+ years of experience developing software simulators
- Solid working knowledge of how virtual address translation works in existing hardware
- Knowledge of hypervisors or other dual address translation systems
- Experience with GPU memory management, including data compression and address swizzling
- Knowledge of GPU architecture, GPGPU, caches, code generation, and profiling
- Experience working with silicon teams
- General-purpose graphics processing unit (GPGPU) experience, such as CUDA, OpenCL, or DirectCompute development
- Experience working with embedded and low-power environments (mobile SoCs, DSPs, etc.)
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position staffed through HireArt. This position is fully remote to start and will transition to on-site in Redmond, WA as offices re-open.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.