Expected Pay Rate:$71.00 - $80.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Firmware Software Engineer to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work.
In this role, you’ll research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for myriad applications.As a Firmware Software Engineer, you will:
- Support product development via firmware architecture design, development, and integration on embedded platforms.
- Dimension hardware processing resources and interface requirements based upon end-to-end system requirements.
- Engage in bringing up, troubleshooting, and tuning the performance of products in the lab and field.
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years practical experience with C/C++ programming languages
- Practical experience developing firmware for different microprocessors and development tool chains, including embedded systems, operating systems, and device drivers, such as Bluetooth, RS-232 UART, SPI, I2C and OS coding
- Practical knowledge of signal processing concepts demonstrated via firmware implementation on embedded communication systems
- Familiarity with PHY and MAC layers on one or more wireless communication protocols (e.g. LTE, WiMAX, 5G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Hands on experience with test tools and measurement equipment (e.g. JTAG/Debuggers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, and signal generators)
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience in systems that have been in volume in production
- Background working through troubleshooting and debugging firmware/hardware related issues along with hardware teams
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position (with the possibility for extension) staffed via HireArt. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to Menlo Park, CA or Austin, TX.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.