Expected Salary$32 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a full-time, dedicated Tier 1 Desktop Support Technician to work on-site at our client’s Atlanta offices on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll assist end-users with day-to-day tasks including desktop support, software installation and configuration, hardware support and maintenance, and light network support during business hours.
We’re seeking a Desktop Support Technician with experience supporting a Windows client environment. You're able to install and configure software for end users, as well as perform comprehensive maintenance for hardware including PC, notebooks, printers and other PC peripherals. In addition, a pleasant and positive attitude, effective communication, and strong analytical skills are a must for this role.
- Relocate and install PCs, printers, and other peripherals including standard software.
- Install & configure of end user software, such as MS Office and Outlook.
- Provide network and remote connectivity hardware/software support.
- Install Local Area Network (LAN) client software and hardware as appropriate.
- Observe security and safety regulations in regard to virus protection, and ensure software is virus free prior to installation.
- Update hardware and software asset data using asset database upon installation or relocation of any PC equipment.
- Create and maintain documentation for hardware/software applications, support logs, and other relevant information.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, profiles, access privileges and security.
- Track the nature and resolution of problems under existing ticketing system.
- Maintain excellent communication with Delivery Center team on all tasks and projects.
- Meet weekly with analysts to determine if any user systems need updates for patches and anti-virus signatures.
- Communicate with client, peers, team, and managers regarding incident and change management.
- Prior experience in PC/printers support and maintenance
- Proficient in supporting a Windows 7, 8 & 10 client environment
- Proficient in Windows-based applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SCCM, DHCP/DNS and Active Directory
- Pleasant personality and positive attitude
- Customer oriented and passionate about providing a quality user experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with effective end-user communication
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Commitment: This is a 12-month contract with potential for extension.