Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 - $23.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Water Treatment Technician to work onsite at their client's Redmond, WA office on a contract basis. In this role you will carry out the daily operations for the elementary neutralization wastewater treatment systems.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience as an environmental technician. You will enjoy and have experience working outside for long periods of time and will have an eye for detail, especially when dealing with data.
- Respond to alarms, monitor tank levels, fill neutralization tanks, conduct site-wide battery and chemical inventories, and order needed supplies.
- Maintain all applicable records for compliant operation of wastewater systems.
- Conduct routine inspections for environmental pollution control devices (i.e. spill containment, air pollution devices, and wastewater systems) and Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) inspections.
- Collect samples from raw, semi-processed, or processed industrial wastewater for analysis.
- Inspect and maintain data collected from wastewater treatment units.
- Serve as an active member of the onsite Spill Response Team.
- Operate light and heavy equipment (i.e. pumps, vacuum equipment, and oil spill equipment).
- Associates degree in chemistry, environmental science, or similar field
- 3+ years of experience performing environmental technician work, including operating water treatment systems
- Computer skills including MS office products
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Self-motivated, able to follow through with challenging assignments
- Ability to work well in a project team and a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail on notes and data quality
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Redmond, WA.