Expected Pay Rate:$61.00 - $70.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire an on-site/lab-centric Electrical Lab Engineer (PSU Testing) to join its silicon team.
In this role, you’ll design test equipment and optimize power/performance for the next generation of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality devices.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with power test/measure methodologies, expertise in using data acquisition systems (DAQs)/oscilloscopes, and a familiarity with design tools as well as interpreting PCB schematics.As an Electrical Lab Engineer, you will:
- Use instrument boards for power measurements at varying granularities and interpret schematics or rework/solder as needed.
- Measure, process, and report power-usage of workloads for different platforms.
- Enhance automation frameworks for collecting power/performance KPIs.
- Analyze performance and power metrics and provide recommendations.
- Correlate power measurements against expectations.
- 3+ years hands-on experiences with lab equipment (e.g. DAQs, oscilloscopes, and thermal chambers)
- 3+ years hands-on experience with fine-point soldering and minor PCB rework
- 3+ years experience with PCB design tools and familiarity with PCB schematics
- 3+ years experience with linux/Android, shell/bash, Python programming, and NI Labview
- Creativity, verbal/written communication skills, and analytical/problem solving ability
- Team player and detail oriented
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Proven ability to take open ended problems and break them down into methodical steps through to completion
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position (with the possibility to extend) staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA and is open to candidates local to the Redmond area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.