Location:New Brunswick , NJ
Expected Pay Rate:$25.00 per hour, minimum
Schedule:8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, with the potential of working some Saturdays
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping an innovative utilities solutions company find Field Technicians to travel to pre-scheduled appointments to install energy efficient equipment and products for its residential and small commercial market customers, including building owners, management companies, small business owners, and trade allies/contractors. You'll also introduce and explain incentive programs relevant to these customers' sectors.
The ideal candidate is a highly reliable NJ resident (north of New Hanover preferred) with a background as a technician/installer in residential/commercial settings, a clean driving record, and customer service experience
As Field Technician, you will:
- Perform all required duties and procedure as directed to install energy efficient equipment and products, including aerators, shower heads, and compact fluorescent lights.
- Travel daily to pre-scheduled appointments at apartments, condo units and other qualified building types.
- Present yourself professionally to clients, as a representative of the organization.
- Ensure customer specification and company quality standards are met.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers.
- Work in a team atmosphere to collaborate and continuously improve operations year after year.
- Assure assigned fleet vehicles have all safety products located within and attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicles are kept clean and orderly.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Perform routine vehicle safety inspections and submit inspection and maintenance reports to management upon request.
- Regularly assist with the cleaning and organization of warehouse locations and fleet vehicle parking areas, including proper storage of product and recycling materials.
- Conduct inventory counts and submit inventory reports as requested by management.
- Assist in conducting blower door and combustion safety tests if required by the program.
- Apply insulating and/or sealing material to exterior penetrations, window and door gaps, attic floor penetrations, attic doors and box sills as required.
- Occasional work/travel on weekends to accommodate customer needs may be required.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 1+ years of experience preferably in basic wiring, lighting, HVAC, troubleshooting and/or other technologies installed in commercial/residential setting (e.g. GeekSquad, cable/satellite/home security/residential solar installers)
- 1+ years of previous customer service/sales experience.
- Valid, clean driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Able to handle a wide variety of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with customers, clients and employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
- Willingness to travel 95% of the time, including occasional overnight travel.
- Experience in installing technologies, manual labor and using tools.
- Background in one or more of the following:
- Building science and design
- Building envelope
- Weatherization or related fields
- Building maintenance
- Home inspection
- HVAC, lighting, controls or renewable energy
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract-to-hire position through HireArt based in New Brunswick, NJ and requires 95% travel within the northern region of New Jersey.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.