Expected Salary$36 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Human Resources Business Partner to work on-site at Insight Catastrophe Group (ICG)'s Tallahassee office on a contract basis. We're seeking a collaborative, highly-motivated Human Resources Business Partner to join ICG's Human Resources team and take on a number of critical responsibilities.
The successful candidate will play a key role in providing expertise in employee relations, performance management, organizational best practices and other aspects of HR. This individual will work directly with senior leadership, hiring managers and the broader ICG team.
This is an exciting time to join the ICG HR team! Over the last year the team has grown by 30%. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to contribute to continued, rapid expansion.
- Build credibility as a true business partner with client groups by becoming well versed in their business and developing a comprehensive understanding of HR strategies, policies and procedures related to their business areas.
- Provide consultation and guidance to management in the areas of coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary actions.
- Partner with the VP of HR to resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Assist with developing a well-documented and consistent process for corrective action warnings and performance improvement plans.
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations and recommend level of disciplinary actions.
- Prepare company response with respect to alleged violations, complaints or claims associated with employment and labor laws.
- Provide support to client groups during the performance management process, and contribute to the development of the performance management training program.
- Work with the Business and Talent Acquisition team to ensure delivery of prioritized, effective hiring plans, attracting the most talented, skilled and diverse workforce.
- Lead discussions and train designated client groups on various HR-related topics.
- Assist in identifying clients’ training and development needs, and partner with the broader HR team to develop training programs.
- Assist with the annual open enrollment process.
- Administer and track leaves of absence (FMLA) in conjunction with the HR operations team.
- Assist with general benefits and payroll employee inquiries, and partner with the HR operations team on more complex inquiries.
- Assist client groups with year-end compensation process by providing guidance on salary recommendations, promotions, and market adjustments.
- Assist in communicating, interpreting and updating the employee handbook.
- Maintain working knowledge of employment law and the regulatory/legal requirements that can affect the company in a multi-state environment.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of employee information including FLSA classifications, job descriptions and competencies by position in conjunction with the talent acquisition and HR operations teams.
- Manage global mobility processes.
- Proactively identify and encourage HR process improvements through engagement and collaboration with appropriate stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources with strong employee relations background
- Call Center experience (preferred)
- Ability to interact with and influence peers, managers and leadership
- High degree of judgment, tact, discretion and professionalism, with a profound respect for confidentiality
- High degree of emotional intelligence, with experience managing sensitive complex issues across all employee types
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders, manage competing agendas and priorities, and translate complex information across functions
- Strong personal drive for success; demonstrates initiative and is appropriately decisive
- Excellent time management, and the capacity to prioritize effectively and as needed
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to incorporate metrics and analysis into HR delivery
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Commitment: This is a full-time, temp-to-perm contract position based in Tallahassee, FL.
Insight Catastrophe Group (ICG) is an innovative insurance portfolio manager and solutions provider. Through our subsidiaries, SageSure Insurance Managers and Insight Catastrophe Managers, we provide insurance products and software solutions for the residential property and casualty insurance market.
SageSure Insurance Managers is the largest independent residential property managing general underwriter in the United States. We are committed to providing property insurance solutions in America's most challenging markets. We offer 33 products in 12 states, serving more than 160,000 policyholders while managing more than $200 million in written premium. For more information on SageSure, visit www.sagesure.com.
Insight Catastrophe Managers offers Program Administration and Decision Support Services that provide analytics, insights and technology for insurance carriers across the country. We set the standard for property risk management by providing our clients with a complete suite of tools for real-time profitability analysis of catastrophe-exposed property risks. Our Decision Support Services have been used to analyze the profitability of millions of catastrophe-exposed properties.
Since our founding in 2005, ICG has grown significantly to a team of more than 200 energetic problem solvers working together to create and deliver innovative solutions in the property insurance industry. We have career opportunities for professionals who are optimistic, driven and dependable. Our offices are located in Jersey City, NJ; Mount Laurel, NJ; Tallahassee, FL; Houston, TX; Cheshire, CT and Cincinnati, OH. For more information, visit www.icg360.com.