HireArt is looking to hire a Security Technical Writer to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll plan, research and write documentation for projects of moderate to high complexity and scope, while identifying and analyzing documentation needs.
We’re seeking a Security Technical Writer with experience in writing and documentation in a software/hardware environment. The ideal candidate is also able to work well with diverse teams while managing a wide range of projects, adapt quickly to changing needs, and develop content that effectively translates to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understand the technical details of various hardware/software projects.
- Identify audiences for content and anticipate the questions, problems, and needs that the content should address.
- Deliver clear, correct and well-structured writing.
- Edit, revise and restructure a wide range of documentation.
- Manage medium to large projects and coordinate team members' contributions to the project.
- Develop innovative solutions to resolve complex tasks.
- Work on solutions that improve processes and practices, including maintenance processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in documentation in a hardware and/or software development environment
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Keen interest in applications, systems, and network security
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
Demonstrated ability to:
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Improve efficiency and quality of documentation processes
- Work well both in a team and as an individual contributor
- Prioritize and manage across multiple, often time-sensitive initiatives
- Work well in a team environment with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position based in San Francisco, CA.