HireArt is looking to hire a Research & Development Logistics Coordinator to work on-site at our client’s Redmond office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll work closely with international Research & Development teams on highly sensitive initiatives, and coordinate across teams to define optimal transport methods.
We’re seeking a Research & Development Logistics Coordinator experienced in managing specialized logistics networks with a focus on research and development. Ideally, you’ve worked in in the Logistics arena as both vendor and client, and have a strong grasp of the intricacies that govern international air and ground transport, including dangerous goods/IATA Regulations.
You’re also highly motivated, capable of working with little supervision, and proactive in solving complex logistical challenges in a timely manner.
- Manage, guide, and coordinate the movement of all equipment, support technology, and test-ware critical for worldwide R&D efforts.
- Manage Research and Development carrier and courier relationships.
- Actively interact with varied teams including Logistics, Operations, Trade Compliance, Legal, Tax and Finance to establish logistics support requirements.
- Work closely with Legal & Procurement from quote to delivery to drive operational efficiency.
- Understand compliance restrictions and identify special handling requirements associated with R&D projects to reduce tax implications, apply FTA programs, manage duty, and optimize import opportunities.
- Publish and maintain country specific R&D Logistics SOPs, including internal wikis.
- Implement and maintain inventory control for all capital equipment.
- Develop, forecast and advise operational budget for R&D logistics needs.
- 7+ years experience in Logistics involving international import, export, and domestic activities
- 5+ years experience in operations within a 3PL or freight brokerage company
- Strong grasp of import/export regulations, Trade Compliance, PGAs, and FTAs
- Broad international logistics and trade compliance experience
- Experience in time sensitive and delivery critical initiatives
- Ability to start a project, drive it and see it through to the end
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- MS Excel skills – able to format cells and create pivot tables and charts
- MS Word skills – formatting, footers, creating and saving files
- HAZMAT/Dangerous Goods certification a plus
Commitment: This is an ongoing, long-term contract position.