HireArt is looking to hire a Logistics Analyst – Research and Development to work on-site at our client’s Redmond office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll work closely with international R&D teams on highly sensitive initiatives involving Logistics, Operations, Trade Compliance, Legal, Tax, and Finance to define optimal transport methods.
We’re seeking a dynamic individual experienced in managing specialized logistics networks with a specific focus on research and development. You’ve worked in the Logistics arena, as both vendor and client, and have a strong grasp of the intricacies that govern international air and ground transport, including dangerous goods/IATA Regulations.
The ideal candidate is also a highly motivated self-starter, capable of working with little supervision, and proactive in solving complex logistical challenges in a timely manner.
- Actively interact with teams across the organization to establish logistics support requirements.
- Manage carrier and courier relationships related to R&D.
- Work closely with Legal & Procurement from quote to delivery to drive operational efficiency.
- Manage, guide and coordinate the movement of all equipment, support technology, and test-ware critical to worldwide R&D efforts.
- Understand compliance restrictions and identify special handling requirements associated with R&D projects.
- Publish and maintain country-specific standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to R&D, including internal wikis.
- Create a strong support structure with existing resources.
- Implement and maintain Inventory Control & Accuracy for all capital equipment.
- Develop, forecast, and advise operational budget for the R&D logistics needs.
- 7+ years of experience in Logistics involving international import, export, and domestic activities
- 5+ years of experience in operations within a 3PL or freight brokerage company
- Strong grasp of import/export, Trade Compliance, PGA’s, FTAs, etc.
- Experience with shipping dangerous goods and familiarity IATA Regulations
- Broad international logistics and trade compliance experience
- Experience in time sensitive, delivery critical, international trade
- Ability to start a project, drive it and see it through to end
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable identifying and resolving issues and documenting and communicating new processes
- Basic Excel skills (formatting cells, creating pivot tables, creating charts)
- Basic Word skills (formatting, footers, creating & saving files)
- HAZMAT/Dangerous Goods certification a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), ongoing, long-term contract position based in Redmond, WA.