Expected Salary$56 - $60 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire an E-Commerce Product Taxonomist to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll help create a unified product taxonomy for their online marketplace and work to improve commerce experiences for people and businesses all over the world.
- Create and own the product taxonomy strategy for the marketplace.
- Coordinate and build alignment with teams and stakeholders to optimize for consistency and interoperability.
- Develop, manage, maintain, and iterate on a unified taxonomy for marketplace products.
- Build out categories and custom collections of products that power features like recommendations, similar items, merchandising themes, and more.
- Manage product attributes that power ranking models, structured content, faceted searches, product comparisons, and more.
- Create labels and other interface language that are consistent with company voice and content standards, and that can scale appropriately for internationalization needs.
- Make recommendations about ongoing taxonomy management as well as product strategies and features.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable product experiences for our billion-plus users.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Partner with project managers, engineers, product designers, researchers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years developing and managing product taxonomies for retail/e-commerce
- 3+ years information architecture experience
- Experience in taxonomy management maintaining categories, attributes, and other metadata
- Experience in taxonomy management for e-commerce web sites, apps, or software
- A portfolio or other work samples showing the impact of your e-commerce taxonomy work
- Ability to move fast and work with cross-functional teams on big, ambiguous problems
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Ability to build alignment amongst distributed stakeholders
- Ontology development and information domain modeling experience
- Metadata design experience
- Product/UX content strategy experience
- Experience with social products
Commitment: This is a 6-month contract with the potential to become full-time.