Expected Pay Rate:$35.00 - $39.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:2 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Failure Analysis Technician to provide quality data and timely analysis on consumer electronics. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with experience in imaging techniques and failure/root-cause analysis.
As Failure Analysis Technician, you will:
- Use appropriate techniques to acquire signal on failure analysis and root-cause analysis.
- Operate failure analysis equipment including sample preparation, imaging techniques, 2D X-ray, X-ray tomography, and material characterization.
- Adhere to best-in-class laboratory practices including lab cleanliness, lab organization, EHS compliance, and sample inventory management.
- Bachelors of science degree in an engineering or physical science-related field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with imaging techniques
- Familiarity with detecting failures in consumer electronics
- Familiarity with root-cause analysis
- Proficiency with 2D X-ray, X-ray tomography, sample preparation, and optical microscopy
- Ability to be trained on and then independently operate new tools
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures to acquire sufficient volume of data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with various cross-functional teams
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 2-year contract position through HireArt and based in Fremont, CA.