Job DescriptionAs a Customer Experience Specialist on our Support Team at ourNew York City Headquarters, you need to be customer and business focused, and quick-thinking to coordinate daily operations across our evolving service offerings and multi-city locations. In this role, you are challenged to think smarter, faster, and more efficiently to help build a world-class customer experience.
This requires a unique kind of versatility and talent - a multi-tasking thinker who has an eye for identifying problems and can coordinate across multiple channels to get the job done. You are the one who is responsible for working with our Director of Customer Support to develop long-term solutions to daily challenges such as working with our Operations team to accommodate customer requests and incorporating customer feedback into ongoing product and operational improvements.
We need an exceptional daily contributor - someone who is willing to get their hands into the weeds and willing to make every opportunity count with our customers. Someone who stays business-focused and is able to step outside yourself and proactively work with product, marketing, and operations to meet larger company goals and pilot new initiatives on short notice.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide amazing (above and beyond) service while bringing joy to the traditionally painful and annoying storage process.
- Answer incoming inquiries via multiple customer service channels.
- Own the customer experience by following up with customers on their experience with MakeSpace.
- Work with Operations to support our expanding customer base in brand new cities.
- Basic data entry and reporting as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Customer Service experience is required, preferably in inbound phone or email support.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- You're empathetic, able to feel the emotions of others, and diffuse tough situations.
- Excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail required. You’ll be juggling multiple platforms and issues
- Strong attention to detail. People are entrusting us with their belongings, after all. You can't let anything fall through the cracks and must always be working for the customer's best interest.
- A fearless attitude, customers will come to you with problems and it's your job to solve them quickly and work with the folks who will help you get this done.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position based in New York, NY.
MakeSpace is Your Closet in the Cloud — a convenient, simple, and on-demand storage solution that takes the "self" out of "self-storage." With MakeSpace, you never have to visit a self-storage facility again and we're cheaper than your local storage provider. After you schedule an appointment at makespace.com or through the MakeSpace app, a friendly mover will come to your door, pick up your stuff (from furniture to boxes), and bringing it back to storage. We then create a visual catalog of it so you always know what you have in MakeSpace. When you need something delivered back, it’s only a click away and delivered right back to your door. We also store large items such as bikes, AC units, and luggage for residents in NYC, Chicago, and Washington, DC. As long as one of our Uploaders can carry it out of your home, we’ll happily store it. Get started today at makespace.com!