Location:Ann Arbor, MI
Expected Pay Rate:$24.00 - $28.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM, on-site
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute hire a skilled and highly motivated Vehicle Hardware Technician. In this role, you’ll work with teams responsible for building complex systems for advanced electric and hybrid vehicles.
You’ll support the development of innovative and high-quality vehicles, including installing or replacing parts and integrating wiring, sensors and computers into existing Toyota/Lexus platforms.
The ideal candidate has a strong track record of delivering exceptional work and creatively solving problems in a manufacturing environment.
You’re comfortable working with high-voltage systems and can work effectively with PCB components. You’re also passionate about learning new things, adaptable, and can thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a build/manufacturing environment
- Experienced and comfortable working with high voltage systems
- Able to correctly crimp pins, de-pin connectors, and correctly solder PCB components
- A fast learner and creative problem-solver
- Adaptable to changing needs, timelines, and processes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and asking questions
- Hands-on building skills
- Prototyping skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude to comprehend complex technical issues
- Experience in mechanical hardware and/or electrical wiring
- Familiarity with CAN networks and vehicle system architectures
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Knowledge of 5S methodology
- Savvy knowledge of software tools such as TechStream, Slack, JIRA, and Google Docs
- Understanding of Toyota/Lexus vehicle assembly processes
- Experience with NHTSA Levels 2-5 Autonomous vehicles
- IPC-A-620 training or certification
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Ann Arbor, MI.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.