Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$80,000.00 - $84,000.00 per year
Schedule:40 hours per week
HireArt is helping Transdev, a leader in global transportation solutions, hire an Autonomous Vehicle Operations Supervisor. In this role, you’ll work closely with both operations leadership and autonomous vehicle teams to execute strategic initiatives.
You’ll ensure drivers have the tools, information, and mentorship to succeed. You’ll define operational priorities, troubleshoot issues, and contribute data-driven insights to improve overall program performance.
The ideal candidate is experienced in operations and in leading teams, and is passionate about autonomous vehicle technology.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent role with the following available shifts:
- AM: 5:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- PM: 2:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Moonlight: 9:30 PM - 6:30 AM
As Autonomous Vehicle Operations Supervisor, you will:
- Support operations leadership team in mission assignment, leading meetings, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in lean/kaizen, black belt, and other operational excellence initiatives.
- Perform all vehicle driver safety evaluation ride checks, observation of drivers while on route/test track, and prescribe the necessary retraining.
- Respond to service problems including rerouting, accidents, and incidents with the goal of restoration of interrupted service, and support drivers in preparing accident reports such as post-accident drug and alcohol testing according to policy.
- Maintain telephone contact with transit vehicle drivers in conjunction with client’s dispatch.
- Debrief and manage drivers, and coordinate vehicle exchanges during each shift.
- Ensure compliance to global process standards throughout the site and work on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Inform other management personnel regarding operational or personnel problems as appropriate and offer ideas towards resolution.
- Investigate and respond to unsafe location/situation reports.
- Interpret metrics, find opportunities, and implement actions to drive results.
- Maintain routine records and perform a variety of clerical work activities related to the property operation.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality of all information.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of operations experience in a supervisory role
- A proven record of effective project and people management
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Comfortable with computers and various software/apps
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions as needed
- Passion for technology and autonomous vehicles
- Must be 21+ years of age
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks that may require lifting up to 25 lbs. The ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions is required.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We are the largest private provider of multiple modes of transport in North America.
Cities, counties, airports, companies, and universities contract with us to operate their transportation systems. Our goal is to help our clients provide transit systems that are appealing, convenient, integrated networks that people actively choose to ride. In cities all across the country, we’re helping our clients move toward making public transit equivalent to the city’s lifeblood, circulating and connecting riders to the people and places they care about.
We are part of a global company, Transdev, operating in 17 countries on five continents.