Expected Pay Rate:$45.00 - $49.00 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping our client hire an experienced Audio QA specialist to work closely with Sound and Design teams on Immersive Audio (AR/VR) initiatives. As Audio QA specialist, you’ll perform cross-platform sound design confirmation and testing in mobile and first-party hardware environments.
The ideal candidate is experienced in digital audio implementation and testing, and passionate about high-quality product sound and ensuring a good user experience.
A background in QA, sound design or computer science is preferred, and an enthusiasm for innovative audio design is a must!
As Audio QA Specialist, you will:
- Maintain audio system regression tests.
- Investigate, triage, escalate and follow up on issues reported within the internal bug tracker system.
- Conduct ad hoc testing and participate in QA testing.
- Establish and maintain technical best practices.
- Contribute creatively and technically to defining audio design experiences.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience in audio implementation, testing, or technical design
- Knowledge of both iOS and Android operating systems
- Familiarity with QA processes, test plans, and bug tracking
- Proficiency in digital audio workstations (Pro Tools preferred)
- Strong understanding of Digital Signal processing, audio synthesis, and digital audio concepts and formats
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Nice to have:
- Experience with implementation of AR/VR audio design across first party and third party engines (WWise, Spark AR, or Audio middleware)
- Familiarity with Android layer scripts and source code control systems
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.