Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday to Friday, Eastern timezone business hours
About the role:
We are looking for a finance professional to join our newly developed Operations team as our Finance Operations Manager. In this role, you will have a breadth of responsibility, including managing payroll, AR/AP, overseeing preparation of monthly financials, budgeting, and projections. A key component of this role will be helping to bring projects to the finish line with the most thoughtful and thorough strategies possible.
Our ideal candidate doesn’t necessarily view themselves as a payroll or accounting specialist, but someone who has a passion for finance, wants to grow within a startup, and is excited to help bring us to the next level. Someone who is happy to learn all facets of our business and jump in where needed is the right person for this role. There's tons of room to grow, here at HireArt, so we are looking for someone who is self-motivated, super smart, energetic, and excited to make strides within this role.
- Run and oversee weekly payroll and establish best practices and processes for payroll management
- Expenses processing, including booking travel and handling travel expenses
- PTO & severance payouts, as needed
- Work with the engineering team to build integrations with vendors
- Vendor selection and management
- Direct deposit updates for our employees
- AR/AP management
- Oversee the accounting function and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, including annual audit
- Assist with invoicing & billing, bookkeeping, and funding
- Finance-facing special projects with cross-functional partners
- Accounting special projects (e.g. determining individual account profitability and working with account managers to optimize profit/account)
- Reporting (e.g. workers comp reporting)
- Financial modeling
...and much more!
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis, including finance-related experience at a startup or high growth company
- Previous experience in managing payroll, AR/AP, overseeing the preparation of monthly financials, budgeting, and projections.
- A proven ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level and cross functional team members, vendors, and clients
- Excellent business judgment and analytical and decision-making skills
- An ability to create and edit existing processes and procedures
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint & Google documents
Commitment: This is a full-time position based in New York, NY. We are open to both candidates who would need to work fully remotely, as well as candidates who can work on-site at our office, once reopened.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
HireArt is a software company building the standard for easy contract employment. We offer employers a seamless platform that covers every part of the employment process, from finding talent to screening and interviewing, onboarding, benefits, payroll, HR support, and outplacement. We offer employees a modern, responsive and caring home base where they can enjoy the support of a traditional workplace with the fluidity of contract work.
You can think of HireArt as Zenefits or Gusto for contract staffing. Our strategy is to provide the best contract employment experience for clients and employees in a market that is expensive, manual, local, provides limited services to employers and workers, and sees limited use of software to scale manual processes. The contract staffing industry is a trillion-dollar market worldwide and there are no other modern contract employment platforms.
HireArt blends technology with personalized support to make the contract employment relationship an excellent experience for everyone. We've already helped build teams at hundreds of awesome companies including, Facebook, Google, and Airbnb, and we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of applicants in their job searches.
For HireArt employees, we offer Salary + Equity + Benefits packages including:
- Health, dental & vision insurance (100% paid by HireArt)
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits