Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$70.00 - $75.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a Technical Artist to partner closely with and lead the engineering and design teams in defining and developing content. You will be involved in every aspect of the content development process, from conceptualizing new experiences to designing incremental features and capabilities in the company's products.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of professional studio experience working as a Technical Artist in the gaming or film industries. You must include a link on your resume to an online portfolio or demo reel showcasing relevant work. Your portfolio should demonstrate strong technical skills as well as a keen eye for design.
This position will be fully remote until offices reopen.
As Technical Artist, you will:
- Partner closely with and lead the engineering and design teams in defining and developing content.
- Design, manage, and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment.
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling, and texturing best practices.
- Manage the technical animation pipeline including developing Maya tools and plug-ins for rigging and animation, and hooking up animations.
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
- Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads.
- 5+ years of professional studio experience working as a Technical Artist in the gaming or film industries
- Gaming background is highly preferred
- Experience implementing 2D and 3D assets in Unity3D or Unreal
- Experience with a range of content creation software such as Maya/Blender, Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, or Substance Painter
- Shader authoring experience
- Must include a link on your resume to an online portfolio or demo reel showcasing relevant work
- Experience in real-time content authoring (characters/environments/VFX/animation/lighting)
- Experience in shader languages (glsl, Shader Lab, hlsl)
- Experience in pre-rendered CG techniques (modeling, rendering, lighting, animation)
- Experience in SparkAR, SparkSL, or other augmented reality environments
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position with the possibility of extending through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. This position will be performed fully remotely until offices reopen.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.