HireArt is looking to hire a Business Development Manager to work on-site at our client’s Pasadena office on a contract basis. In this role, you'll work with a 10-person historic preservation consultancy dedicated to building communities' legacies by preserving their historic resources.
As Business Development Manager, you'll support principal staff in the management of business development and sales activities including proposal writing, client research and screening, presentation preparation, and contract management. You'll also contribute to operational and administrative tasks to ensure smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis.
We're seeking a Business Development Manager who is positive, professional, and highly organized. You're an excellent communicator who is able to delve into the research and writing aspect of this role. An interest in history, architecture, and historic preservation is considered an asset!
- Develop understanding of project requirements and processes to inform responses to inquiries, project screening, and proposal development.
- Respond to potential opportunities obtained through word-of-mouth, phone or email inquiries, and requests for quotations or proposals (RFQs and RFPs).
- Identify and regularly monitor forums for pertinent RFQs and RFPs, and screen potential business inquiries for appropriateness to the consultancy.
- Capture and collect information critical to potential projects (i.e. local regulatory or political issues, previous historic evaluations, decision-makers, etc.) not otherwise provided by potential clients.
- Own the development of project proposals in concert with principal staff, outside team members, and sub-consultants.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for job interviews and pitches, including coaching and mentoring staff.
- Coordinate necessary legal requirements and contract issues to expedite closing agreements.
- Maintain calendar of potential projects, proposal due dates, project interviews and meetings, and marketing events/opportunities.
- Track and update online communications and marketing outlets, including the company website and social media platforms.
- Assist in operational and administrative tasks, such as attending the front desk (very low traffic), ordering office supplies, and handling incoming and outgoing mail and telephone calls.
- Responsible, highly organized, and detail oriented
- Excellent writing skills
- Pleasant and professional phone manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An interest in history, architecture and/or historic preservation is considered an asset
Commitment: This is a temp-to-perm contract position.