Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$41.00 - $46.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:5 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find an AV Technician to provide assistance to researchers and help oversee lab equipment. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of AV installation, operation, and troubleshooting experience and will be familiar with UX/usability research and methods.
As AV Technician, AR/VR UX Lab, you will:
- Perform daily check-ins on all UX labs.
- Troubleshoot and maintain technology and peripheral devices to ensure end-user satisfaction.
- Assist researchers with setup of labs prior to research studies.
- Provide accurate, time sensitive, and effective solutions/assistance to researchers while labs are in use.
- Manage test devices and field recording equipment.
- Use a ticketing system to open, track, and resolve all UX lab and related issues.
- Assist UX lab managers with construction of new UX labs.
- Manage distribution of tool licenses.
- Provide ongoing technical support, documentation, training, and assistance to UX researchers.
- Bachelor's degree in media technology (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of AV installation, operation, and troubleshooting experience (e.g. equipment integration, handling, break/fixing, and configuring audio/video hardware and cable/connector types)
- Experience troubleshooting in Mac and Windows environments, including IP connectivity and application compatibility
- Experience troubleshooting iOS devices
- Experience troubleshooting Android devices using Android developer tools
- Experience with audio and video processing equipment such as Extron
- Familiarity with RJ45/CAT5, BNC, XLR, and TRS connectors
- Familiarity with video recording and streaming concepts and codecs
- Compelling communication skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Detail oriented with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with UX/usability research and methods
- Experience with virtual reality and augmented reality
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 5-month contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.