Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest home-sharing marketplace find a Support Specialist to manage data privacy requests and meet compliance service-level agreements and deadlines. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator with experience in customer service as well as with handling sensitive data.
As a Support Specialist, you will:
- Ensure all queries from data requests (deletion, access, portability, etc.) are addressed within legal timeframes.
- Understand data flows, data security, and data privacy policies and procedures.
- Meet performance expectations regularly and follow workflows and playbooks.
- Provide upward feedback regarding the status of cases, communicating regularly with supervisors and managers.
- Compile reports at the direction of leadership and maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
- Maintain knowledge of current events in the legal and compliance spaces as they relate to data privacy practices.
- 2+ years of experience in customer support or similar ticketing system work; comfortable making/taking customer calls
- 1+ years of experience handling sensitive or private information
- Previous experience working within a compliance or regulatory environment
- Excellent written communication skills; you know when written messages are appropriate and when to choose other forms of communication
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to quickly identify root causes as well as subtle, hidden issues, and use logic to propose effective solutions
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in Portland, OR.