Location:Los Altos, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$90.00 - $110.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week, PST business hours
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute (TRI) find a Machine Learning Data Engineer to contribute to state-of-the-art machine learning data infrastructure and relevant software specific to data management, data analysis, and data mining at unparalleled scale. In this role, you'll implement robust software and data pipelines for a tremendous amount of data, and analyze large scale data for the practical scenarios of autonomous driving. Last but not least, you will deploy your algorithms and systems to explore the meaningful scenarios in TRI's data sea and beyond.
The ideal candidate will possess the basic requirements outlined below as well as 2+ years of experience within the autonomous vehicle industry.
As a Machine Learning Data Engineer, you will:
- Address large scale challenges in the machine learning development cycle, especially around cloud and data engineering.
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality, structured data from driving logs for training and testing deep networks.
- Build a robust data platform that enables ML practitioners to build and maintain their own data pipelines and datasets.
- Stay up to date on the state-of-the-art in Deep Learning ideas and software, in collaboration with other divisions in the company.
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with other teams across the company.
- Experience as a statistical, machine learning, and/or data engineer and a degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field
- Bachelor's Degree with 4+ years of experience
- Master's Degree with 2+ years of experience
- PhD with 1+ year of experience
- Solid proficiency in Python
- Strong software engineering practices with machine learning experience in a production setting
- Proficient in SQL and Git
- Experience with pipeline orchestration tooling (e.g. Airflow, AWS Step Function, Metaflow, KubeFlow, etc).
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP
- Clear grasp on basic Linear Algebra, Optimization, Statistics, and Algorithms
- Experience with data analysis, data, munging and relative machine learning skills
- Experience with building end-to-end ML workflows (Data Mining → Data Preparation → Modeling)
- Strong knowledge of ML dataset management (data + annotations) and exposure to dataset versioning tools such as DVC
- Experience with ML data annotation pipeline, RESTful APIs, Apache Spark
- Exposure to perception, prediction, and/or planning stacks for robotics/AVs
- Experience in AV or Automotive industry
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), on-going contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. This position can be fully remote and is open to U.S.-based candidates who are able to work during PST business hours. Candidates local to Los Altos are preferred.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.